Wednesday, July 28, 2010

For My Furry Kids

Do you also watch the Saturday morning shows that do great home makeovers on a budget?  My sweetie is hooked on them, and I enjoy watching them with him. A few months ago one of the shows lead him to paint our kitchen apple green. I absolutely love it!  So cheery. He picked the color and it turned out so great. Well last Saturday had the same effect for the bedroom. One of the shows had chose a dark chocolate brown and painted one wall with it, and left the other 3 walls the off white color they originally were. It was stunning! He got a whim on Sunday afternoon about 4:30 to paint the bedroom wall the same color. I was at a quilt show loving all the beautiful handiwork of some very talented people, and he called me to have us meet at Lowe's to pick a color. We chose a yummy chocolate brown that makes me want some chocolate every time I see it.He painted it in 4 hours and it turned out just as stunning as the show. So now I have the bug to keep going and make new pillow covers, a duvet cover, curtains, shades and of course a new dog bed and cat pillow. I know exactly what I want for everything in the bedroom, I'm thinking shades of blue and aqua with the chocolate brown.

I couldn't decide what I wanted for the furry kids pillows. They will mainly be in the living room (which is also getting a wall painted-he's thinking a medium golden yellow). I knew I would find just the perfect print and I went shopping today. Only made it to one store. I fell in love and can't wait to make the pillows.
Whimsical Kitties! :)


These were just such fun that I couldn't resist! I think they will make sun fun pillows for the kids, don't you? I will show you the finished items real soon....but for now can't you see my fuzzy dog sprawled out over the fun kitties...lol. She loves cats, she thinks they are her pets too :)  There's never too much cuteness is there??

Love,
Connie 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those kitties too. Do you mind if I ask where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them at a small quilt shop here in San Antonio. I will look at the mfr info on it tonite when I get home and post that for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric is from Makower UK pattern is 998 Fancy Cats.

    ReplyDelete